We all enjoy live music and we all enjoy giving back to the Austin community, right? Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could incorporate both of these things into one night? Well, we can this Thursday night because Antone’s will be hosting the Corporate Battle of the Bands, a fundraiser for Health Alliance for Austin Musicians. HAAM is a local non-profit organization that gives low-income musicians in Austin the access to affordable healthcare. Every band that will be competing in the Battle of the Bands will be sponsored by a local business. The bands and sponsors that will be featured are:
- Superheterodyne (Cirrus Logic)
- Light the Sun (H-E-B)
- Packet Racket (Anue Systems)
- Sweet 505 (ChooseWhat)
- My So-Called Band (George & Brothers, LLP)
- The Goo Gle Dolls (Google)
- Earthbound (Heart Clinic of Austin)
- Driver (HPI Corporate Services)
- Atomic Large Band (Intel Corporation)
- Both Feet (Seton Healthcare Family)
After the bands battle it out, winners will be announced for the Grand Prize, Best Cover Band, and Best Original Band. Celebrity judges will name the winner. The panel of judges will include Carlos Sosa (saxophone player for Grooveline Horns), Tim League (founder of Alamo Drafthouse), and Tad Kinchla (bass player for Blues Traveler). Grand Prize winner will receive a day of recording time at Austin’s Bizmeaux Studio and four three-day passes to ACL Music Festival. Best Cover Band and Best Original Cover Band will receive $500 to Strait Music. And that is not all… There will also be a Fan Favorite, which will be determined by which band receives the most donations from the live audience. Whoever earns the most donations from the fans will win an indoor gig at Stubb’s and $500 to Strait Music. However, all donations will benefit Health Alliance for Austin Musicians. Pretty awesome!
But wait, there is more! A silent auction will also go on during the event to raise funds for HAAM even further. Some of the auction items include:
- A Gibson Guitar Rock Star package that includes a private party at Gibson Guitar’s exclusive entertainment relations showroom for up to 50 people with a performance by local musician and former contestant on The Voice Tje Austin and a supply of Tito’s Vodka and Sweet Leaf Tea
- A Look Like a Rock Star package that includes 2 haircuts from Tate Mayeux of Wet Salon, make-up application with a professionally trained make-up artist at Rae Cosmetics, and a teeth whitening session by Authentic Smiles Dental Studio
- An Alvarez AD70 guitar autographed by Ray Benson of Asleep at the Wheel and his musician friends who performed at Ray’s 2012 Birthday Bash
- A Ben Kweller package that includes a signed copy of his latest CD, “Go Fly a Kite,” and Ben will record the outgoing message of your personal phone line or call anyone of your choice for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, whatever!)
- And much more!
Who could resist those packages? There are quite a few things we would want on that list, that’s for sure… Once the winners for the Battle of the Bands are announced, an after-party will take place where both Zeale and Learning Secrets will perform. The price of the ticket ($10) for those who attend the Corporate Battle of the Bands includes the after-party, but people can also only attend the after-party if they choose ($5). Tickets can be purchased here or you can click “I like it” here for a chance to win a pair of free tickets. Doors open at 6pm and bands will play until 11:30. After-party will take place immediately after. Keep your Thursday night open and help celebrate a great cause — you won’t want to miss this event!